This course aims to help you:
- understand the Voluntary Food and Drink Guidelines for Early Years Settings in England
- be able to use the Guidelines and practical tools to plan menus for healthy and nutritionally balanced meals and snacks for children aged one to five.
- understand the importance of hydration for children and the types of drinks to provide across the day
- understand appropriate portion sizes for children aged one to five to meet their nutrition needs
- understand how to check menus against the food and drink guidelines
- know where to look for further information.